The blog for the Twinning in Action project 2014-2016 organised by CADFA www.cadfa.org

Friday 6 February 2015

To a school, a college, and Amnesty International

After breakfast, we were divided into two groups, girls and boys... The girls' group went to an Islamic girls' school in the morning, and talked about Palestine to students of different ages. We were warmly welcomed by the members of the school.

Then we went to Hackney Community College and did presentations about Palestine in front of the students. We were filmed by a media student there in order to make a film for Hackney college.

Nadine's experience in the college:  I was talking today during the presentation about my experience with the PRCS covering clashes in Abu Dis. While I was wearing the PRCS vest and holding an ID, I got shot with a rubber bullet. A man working in the college tried to interrupt me and take the microphone, but I continued and repeated my point again as an emphasis, because I believe that the UK is a country of freedom of expression and speech.

The boys' group went to Amnesty International, where we met the Palestinian activist Saleh Hijazi (a member there) to present a movie about the Gazan war and the techniques used to document the war and gather information. This organisation is not affiliated to any government.

No comments:

Post a Comment