The blog for the Twinning in Action project 2014-2016 organised by CADFA www.cadfa.org

Monday 16 March 2015

Back to the internet!

We've just had a great weekend in rural North Wales, far from the internet. In our evaluation (see below) the participants were divided about whether this was a good thing. Some said "It was a great weekend, I only wish we had internet" and others "I was really happy that this weekend there was no internet"... 

It goes to show again that people don't think the same way...




They also said,
 "It was a great weekend ... Last night's event was very good... I specially valued talking individually to the Palestinian girls about their society, not just about the conflict ... I liked the singing event... I learned a lot about British traditions... I really liked the calm place ... I liked the food... I didn't like the food... We talked a lot and got a lot of new info... I have a lot of new friends... I loved the landscape and the place ... Everything was good... I loved dancing with the others... It was an amazing experience... The house was nice... Going out to the river was good... Laughing........." and everyone said "I liked all the girls,  everyone was great."

What was not so good? 
"Being so busy we didn't go out as much as some people wanted... dust... spiders... sinks with separate hot and cold taps..."

From me as an organiser - What a good weekend with positive people who helped and talked and shared and enjoyed being with each other. Thanks Annika for the hard work on the food, and Camilla for the music workshops. Well done everyone :)

Looking forward to the next bit...

3 comments:

  1. Hello, this is Janet Swan here, we are going to be meeting the women tomorrow in Pendle, Lancashire. What songs did you sing? We will be doing some singing tomorrow also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Some Palestinian songs (there are a couple in the handbook, do you have the link - or ask the women) and they did a joint composition which focused in the end on the words 'freedom huriyeh' - I don't know if they'll want to sing that. Yasmin is a great singer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do please send me the link. It would be good to see those songs. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete